Camellias


Dress// ASOS (old) similar here
Shoes // Stradivarius (old) similar here
Bag // Vintage, similar here
Umbrella // local souvenir shop






Once I saw that dress, I instantly fell in love with it. That beautiful vintage design, with this sweet mint color and those huge fuchsia and red camellias, it was love at first sight! The problem was that I was not the only one... One minute I added it to my wishlist and the next the dress was out of stock! And this happened twice!! But I was lucky enough to get it the third time...

Camellias are flowering plants found in eastern and southern Asia, from the Himalayas east to Japan and Indonesia. The Far East and especially the Japanese culture, has always been a great inspiration for me. So I paired my camellia covered dress with a matching flower hair pin, a red vintage purse and a pair of red heeled sandals. Thanks to my Duke, the geisha umbrella was a last minute addition. And that wooden bridge @ the National Garden was so similar to those in Kyoto and Osaka that was definitely the best place to shoot it.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke