TOP 10 from Paris Fashion Week // Fall 2012

Paris Fashion Week is over and left me with mixed feelings, because some of the collections were not at all as I expected, with Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton being my worst... I must admit that the presentation was magnificent (train station), but apart from that, the clothes looked to me very similar to the designer's own collection that was presented couple of weeks ago in New York's fashion week (which I also did not like much...).

These were my top 10 favorite:

1. Celine's Geometry and Color-blocking


2. Balmain's Fabergé egg-inspired embellishments
3. Dior's ballerina skirts and "pointes" look-a-like shoes

4. Haider Ackermann's Katherine Hepburn and Lauren Bacall inspired collection
5. Cacharel's 1920s inspired collection

6. Isabel Marant's Wild West
7. Akris' Patchworks

8. Dries Van Noten Scarf-print Blazers

9. Jean Paul Gaultier's Urban Graffiti Bright Colored Patterns

10. Valentino's Detailed Dresses

I was also very impressed by Chanel's crystals on makeup, shoes and jewelry! It was like a continuation of Spring's 2012 collection, in which pearls and corals traveled us in a world under the water, whereas crystals underlined the cold and roughness of Winter.

Chanel - Fall 2012


Images via Fashion Gone Rogue, Studded Hearts, Oracle Fox and Fashionologie.
ALL images edited by barefoot duchess.

Thanks for reading,