|image via here|
Met Ball Q&A
What is it about?
The Costume Institute Gala (or Costume Institute Ball), known as the Met Ball (...) celebrates the opening of the Metropolitan Museum's (The Met). Each year the event has a theme: For 2012 the Met brought magic to fashion by staging an "Impossible Conversation" between two fashion greats — Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada.
When and where?
The event takes place in New York City, usually in early May and has been an annual affair since 1948 (the year in which the Costume Institute was founded) (...) The fashion exhibit takes place at the Costume Institute building.
Who is hosting?
The fashion industry's "Night of Nights", the "Oscars of Fashion" is hosted by the American Vogue. Fashion industry experts and style magazines consider the event to be the fashion world's best red carpet event.
(sources: Wikipedia and Harper's Bazaar)
Here are my TOP 5 appearances of the evening:
1. Kate Bosworth in ostrich feathered low-back mini dress (Prada), matching bordeaux lipstick and purse and a sleek top braided bun. Oh! And those amazing glitter heeled strappy sandals!
2. Emma Stone in a cherry red mini, puffy and ultra girly dress embroidered with crystal flowers (Lanvin) and a messy updo with massive hairpin on the front!!
3. Cameron Diaz in a long sleeved low cut back ivory metallic sheath (Stella McCartney). Stunning!
4. Carey Mulligan in a "mermaid" gold and silver pailletes degrading armor-dress (Prada). Lovely hairdo, don't you think?
5. Ashley Greene in a white Grecian gown with one dropped shoulder (Donna Karan Atelier) and natural hair and makeup. Divine...
And here are some of my favorite trends of that same evening, which I also wanted to share with you:
Favorite Fruit Color: Tangerine
Katharine McPhee (Elie Saab) and Ginnifer Goodwin (custom Monique Lhuillier)
Favorite Body Part: Sexy Back
Camilla Belle (Ralph Lauren Collection) and Candice Swanepoel (custom Rag & Bone)
Favorite Time Period: Romanticism
Brit Marling and Lily Collins both in Valentino
Favorite Neon Color: Bright Yellow Strapless Maxis with Peplums
January Jones (Atelier Versace) and Solange Knowles (Rachel Roy)
Favorite Gem Color: Emerald
Dianna Agron (Carolina Herrera) and Greta Gerwig (Prabal Gurung)
The MBD (maxi black dress): Gisele Bundchen in Givenchy and Carolyn Murphy in Alexander Wang
|Carolyn Murphy's photo via here|
Favorite "Fake-It": Dropped Shoulders
Scarlett Johansson (Dolce e Gabbana) and Rashida Jones (Tory Burch)
ALL images via JustJared, unless stated otherwise. ALL images edited by barefoot duchess.
I hope that you enjoyed it! Till next year's Met Ball xoxo