The Top Bun and How to DIY! // Hairstyle Trends


Hello darlings! I hope you are having a great weekend. The weather here in Athens is cloudy, but hopefully we are going to have a sunny and beautiful Sunday! But let's get "down to business" and make ourselves look and feel more beautiful.


The Great Discovery!
For those of us that have long hair, it is very common to have those "bad hair days". Until a year ago I was trying to pass through those days with ponies and braids. When all of a sudden, I discovered the most chic and classiest hairstyle: the Top Bun! As chic and classy as Holly Golightly's in Breakfast at Tiffany's!



At the beginning, although I was trying really hard, the outcome was not as expected... Then, I discovered the "donut".

-- What is it?
It is a hair accessory that looks like a donut and comes in different sizes and colors!

-- How do I use it?
Step 1: Comb your hair very well and pull it up to a top ponytail
Step 2: Secure you pony with an elastic hair-tie. I has to be tight, but not to cause you a headache!
Step 3: Place the donut on the top of your head, exactly where the hair-tie is, by pulling your pony through it
Step 4: Circle your hair around the donut
Step 5: Place bobby pins around the bun to secure it
Step 6: Add some spray and you are ready to glow!

My Top Bun looking huge thanks to the "donut"! (photo by barefoot duchess)

-- Where can I get it?
I got mine at H&M for 2.95 EUR!

images c/o H&M


Spend-No-Money Tip!
If you don't want to spend any money at all, you can take an old sock, cut the toes and create your DIY donut! See below a tutorial by the lovely Wendy of Wendy's Lookbook on how to use an old sock to create a chic bun






Accessorize It!
Put a scarf around it for a "French Riviera" look

Leave some spare hair to make a small braid that you will wrap around the bun. So Grecian!

Place a vintage brooch on the top a la Holly Golightly for special occasions

Or you can always leave it as it is! Still glamorous!

The Bridal Version!
I couldn't leave my lovely brides-to-be out! Here is some inspiration to show your hairdresser for the big day!

Three Brides via lover.ly

I really hope that you enjoyed that post!

ALL images via my Beauty and Weddings pinterest boards, unless stated otherwise

Have a nice weekend!
xoxo