Designers, models and celebrities dressed up to attend the 2012 CFDA Awards on Monday. My top 5 were:
1. Solange Knowles, Beyonce's younger sister, in yellow Marni dress and Missoni sandals. I love the way yellow contrasts her dark skin and the transparencies on both the dress and the shoes. Yellow is definitely her color!
2. Kate Bosworth in Altuzarra dress and Gianvito Rossi for Altuzarra black ankle-cuff pumps. I fell in love with that dress immediately, when I saw it on the runway, almost four months ago! Congratulations to the designer for his award (see below in detail)
3. Victoria's Secret model Candice Swanepoel in Valentino dress and Brian Atwood heels. She is like an angel!!!
4. Designer Tory Burch in a dress of her own design and Lanvin shoes. I could wear this myself!
5. Victoria's Secret model Erin Heatherton looking gorgeous in a Michael Kors Grecian maxi dress with bare back.
The Winners' List:
Womenswear Designer of the Year: The Row
Menswear Designer of the Year: Billy Reid
Accessories Designer of the Year: Reed Krakoff
Swarovski Award For Emerging Talent in Womenswear Design: Joseph Altuzarra
Swarovski Award For Emerging Talent in Menswear Design: Phillip Lim
Swarovski Award For Emerging Talent in Accessory Design: Tabitha Simmons
Images via JustJared and Fashionologie.
Congratulations to everyone!