MUST READ // Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


It's been quite some time since I read a book so big that fast (563 pages in 5 days)! The previous one was "The DaVinci Code" in 2004... The main characters were so well structured and the story so carefully put together that I could sympathize and hate the same person within minutes! Emotionally


I was wrecked and excited at the same time. Flynn is a master in not letting you get bored or fall asleep. Usually, when I read a book before bed, I cannot remember the last page or two because I am falling asleep. Every time I finished a chapter I kept saying to myself "I'll just read a bit from the beginning of the next one and than stop". Who was I kidding??!!


According to The Hollywood ReporterThe adaptation rights went to 20th Century Fox in a summer auction for a reported $1.5 million, with Reese Witherspoon, Bruna Papandrea and Leslie Dixon producing. Witherspoon says she was impressed with the way Flynn was able to effectively tell the story from both male and female perspectives while also employing a nonlinear structure. "It's just an incredible feat that Gillian was able to accomplish," she says. "You really can't anticipate where it's going, but it's one of those books you can't stop reading. Two years ago, I really decided I wanted to get back into finding projects to produce that had great female characters in them, and this is one of the first that came up." You can read the entire article and interview with the author, Gillian Flynn, here.

If you haven't read it already, you can buy the book here. AND I am definitely buying her other two books!