Oscars 2014 // Red Carpet TOP 10: Lupita & the Others...


I was one of those who watched the Oscars 2014 show, from the arrivals on the red carpet until the very last and most anticipated Oscar of Best Movie (the winner was 12 Years a Slave). I think it was 7 a.m in the morning that I went to bed, congratulating myself for managing to stay awake by very very tired. 

But let's get down to my top 10 of best dressed on the red carpet. First, I have to say that some ladies really disappointed me with their poor choices: Amy Adams, Jessica Biel and Jennifer Lawrence looked boring while Julia Roberts and Penelope Cruz picked stupid dresses. Great expectations... 

#1 Lupita Nyong'o in (custom-made) Prada. Now, I have to apologize to all the other stylish ladies, but ever since Lupita stepped out of her car she upstaged everybody. She looked like she came out of my dreams, like a princess of the most beautiful fairytale where everyone lived happily ever after! The color of the dress matched perfectly with her skin and that headband was the best accessory choice. Congratulations Lupita! You are the best!!



#2 Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé. A red carpet royalty can do no wrong when choosing her dress for that special night. A gorgeous nude for the divine Galadriel. Loved the old-Hollywood hair and makeup and those earring were perfect!


#3 Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture. No one else could look this good in that dress. She has the perfect body, posture and class for a statuesque dress like this.


#4 Kate Hudson in (custom-made) Atelier Versace. Kate is one of my red carpet darlings and she really made me jump of joy when she stepped her foot on the red carpet with this stunning white dress. Sexy and glamorous I think she's getting better over the years. 


#5 Angelina Jolie in Elie Saab. Love Angie. Always have, always will. The only thing that bothers me lately is that she has stopped wearing bras... but that's ok, she is Angie, after all!


#6 Sandra Bullock in (custom-made) Alexander McQueen. The color and design of the dress was the perfect choice for her; the hair, makeup and jewelry perfectly matched to create a glamorous look for a stunning lady that she is. Only problem: the wrinkled fabric. 


#7 Naomi Watts in (custom-made) Calvin Klein Collection. She looked so youthful and radiant in that embellished column dress accessorized with black details. And the hair and makeup, so rock!


#8 Chrissy Teigen in Monique Lhuillier. I knew that someone was going to wear this beautiful dress at the Oscars, I just didn't know who! Chrissy looked so fresh and playful in it. 


#9 Olivia Wilde in Valentino. Great choice for her growing bump. Loved the back and the white teardrop earrings. The hair and makeup were also perfect for that dress!


#10 Julie Delpy in Jenny Packham. The perfect choice for Julie's voluptuous figure and French origin. With her loose curls and red lipstick Julie looked sexy and glamorous.


Which one was your favorite? I am sure there were more than one! 

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos via PopSugar and Zimbio