Royal Romance // Wildfox Summer Collection


It's been quite some time since I last posted on the blog, but I have a ton of excuses to throw at you... just to mention a few: it was the Christian Orthodox Easter and I was away; the weather was very bad, it was cold and raining whenever we wanted to shoot; I had a really nasty wardrobe malfunction and many more... But since I am ridiculously honest (sometimes in an annoying or, worse, insulting way to others) I will admit that the Duke and I needed a break from the blog. We wanted to sleep, eat and indulge ourselves as much as possible in order to get back in full force. Since I will not be posting outfits this week (nor I did the previous one), I wanted to share with you my favorites from the latest Wildfox Lookbook for their Summer 2014 Royal Romance Collection. The setting, the clothes, the girls, their hair, the flowers, practically everything spoke to my heart! Absolutely dreamy, romantic and of course royal, a perfect shoot for a Barefoot Duchess, don't you think?? Swoon...

For the inspiration this season I really felt a connection to the 60's and royalty, I thought of a princess trapped and forced into marriage, but who was secretly in love with a soldier, maybe she elopes with him in the end. I liked how she was sad, but also so alive! She relied on her friends and sisters to make it through things, and no matter how rich with material goods, it would still be a struggle to find happiness in herself. - Kimberley Gordon, Creative Director & Founding Partner.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

See the entire lookbook here.
Buy Wildfox here and here






 






See entire lookbook here.
Buy Wildfox here and here