A Mid-Summer Night's Dream


Dress // ZARA (similar here and here)
Flower-crown // DYI with H&M and Vintage flower pins (similar here and here)
Ring // YSL (similar here)




Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary of 8 years for my Duke and I and we decided to dedicate this outfit post to that very special day. My inspiration was the fairy-queen Titania from William Shakespeare's comedy play A Mid-Summer Night's Dream. But let me tell you more about this masterpiece and why I picked it for my inspiration. A Midsummer Night's Dream portrays the events surrounding the upcoming wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Athens, Theseus, and Hippolyta. Titania is the Queen of fairies. The marital quarrel between her and Oberon is the engine that drives the mix ups and confusion of the other characters in the play.

This couldn't be more perfect, so let the celebrations begin!!

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke






 









Titania. Thomas Francis Dicksee (1885) - via here

Titania. Arthur Rackham (1908) - via here

Titania with Bottom, who at that point has become a donkey - via here