Wedding Inspo // Water-colored Gown


Sweetest, cutest and most laid back bride ever! It's been quite some time since I last posted something about weddings, but it seems that nothing got my attention until today - let me confess that I was planning to post something else, but I just couldn't help myself!!


That beautiful, girly and sweet like a macaron dress was designed by the mother of the bride (luckiest girl ever) Kathryn ConoverI feel so materialistic saying it, but the dress reveal was SUCH fun, the bride told to Style Me Pretty. My mom is a designer and we’ve been trading ideas on my wedding dress for years. The shape was modeled on a 2008 Oscar De La Renta dress that I’ve loved forever, though we rounded the neckline, inspired by another gown she had done. That original Oscar dress had had flower apliques as well, and I think those played a big role in my ultimate desire to paint. Designing, making, and painting the dress was such an amazing mother-daughter experience and one I wouldn’t trade for the world. And (per my mom’s prediction) when Jonathan saw me walk down the aisle, he give a great big laugh. That was the best.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

All photos by Katie Slater Photography via Style Me Pretty