My Haircare Secrets // Beauty


Many of you keep telling me how much you like my hair and how lucky I am to have hair like this. I really hate to ruin it for you, but THIS hair is not just luck or good genes, it takes a lot of work, dedication and a good hairdresser! So, today, I want to share with you some of my haircare secrets that you may find useful.



Cleansing & Nourishing
>> I wash it 2-3 times a week with a "damage repair" shampoo. The standard ritual is 3 hands, 2 for cleansing and 1 for extra volume.

>> I always use a "damage repair & nourishing" mask that I leave on for 2-5 minutes then rinse off with water.

>> The water must never be too hot or too cold

Bonus Tip: Whenever my hair looks or feels dirty in between washes, I use a dry shampoo. #timesaver #hairsaver 


Brushing & Untangling 
>> 100 brush strokes a day is a ridiculous myth which I personally busted many years ago... If you brush such long hair that often, even with the smoothest brush on the planet, two things are most likely to happen: it will instantly frizz, especially during winter and the ends are going to become brittle and split. No thanks, I'll pass!

>> I only brush it when it's wet and with a wide tooth comb. Combing is a 2-stage procedure:

Stage 1: Right after I have put on my "damage repair" mask to spread the product all over the hair
Stage 2: Again, after I have slightly dried it with a towel turban for 5 minutes, to smooth out my long locks before drying

Bonus Tip: Begin combing from the ends downwards then gradually move to the top. That way, it is much easier to untangle it!


Drying
>> Blow-drying is an unwanted necessity... I try to avoid it during winter, but rarely succeed; cold weather is not ideal to go out with wet hair. I use a professional hair-dryer and I keep it almost 15 cm away from the hair. If I have an important business meeting or must attend an event, I also use a professional curling wand to create thick and natural curls, but never let the hair "fry" more than 7 seconds (per lock that is).

Bonus Tip: Before the blow-drying and any other process involving heat, I use an oil complex for extra protection.

Styling
>> Although I prefer letting it loose most of the time, I also wear ponytails and braids, usually when I go running or on a bad hair day.

Bonus Tip: For a perky & tight ponytail, I use two and some times three elastic bands

If you have any questions, please go ahead and ask!
But remember: I am NOT a hair expert! I just happen to have long and healthy hair =)

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|