Cinderella's Slipper


In celebration of the March 13 release of the live-action movie version of the Disney classic, Saks Fifth Avenue commissioned 9 of the world's best shoe designers to re-imagine Cinderella's shoe for a modern "princess": Charlotte Olympia, Salvatore Ferragamo, Jimmy ChooStuart Weitzman, Nicholas Kirkwood, Jerome C. Rousseau, René Caovilla, Paul Andrew and Alexandre Birman.



As a little girl, I was dreaming that my wedding shoes would look like Cinderella's glass slippers. Back in 2006, Jimmy Choo, Stuart Weitzman and the rest of the shoe-making dream-team were not interested in my dreams (oh, but why not?), so I had to find someone else to make them for me. After two appointments followed by long discussions Thomas created a shoe designed especially for me, inspired by my wedding gown and my personality.

The limited-edition shoe line was made using Swarovski crystals and so were mine, 9 years ago! I am sharing a photo of my wedding shoes along with my favorite shoes from this limited edition shoe collection.

Did you have your wedding shoes made? How did they look like? Send me a photo, I'd love to see them =)

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos and info via here




My custom wedding shoes were d'Orsay peep-toe pumps, in ice-y white satin fabric combined with silver metallic leather and embellished with Swarovski crystals and tiny beads, all hand-sewed to match my gown and personal style.

Jimmy Choo: "I think every girl desires a Cinderella moment in their lives. This story ignites a love affair and fascination with shoes that never dies. The power they have to transform is instilled from a young age and the fantasy remains alive forever. I wanted to create a shoe that felt magical, with alluring sparkle and a feminine, timeless silhouette evoking those childhood emotions." — Sandra Choi, creative director

Nicholas Kirkwood: "Cinderella has both delicate and strong qualities as a character. The moment of transformation emphasizes both and gave me the design inspiration to create a piece that spoke to the film's magic."

Alexandre Birman: "My vision of the glass slipper was inspired by the timeless and feminine beauty that I believe Cinderella and the Alexandre Birman brand both share. I reinterpreted our classic Johanna pump, this time giving it a fashionable and romantic twist with satin and Swarovski crystals. It's a shoe I imagine a modern princess would wear."

Stuart Weitzman: "Cinderella in 2015 has a timeless appeal. The diamond and translucent bootie enhance the vision I have of her."

See all 9 shoes & their sketches here