Met Gala 2015 Favorites // Red Carpet


Although Sarah Jessica Parker is not on my 'favorites' list, I decided to make her my cover photo for two simple reasons:

1. she is ALWAYS one to watch and admire, thanks to her ability to wear theatrical costumes and support her choices anytime, anywhere, and
2. her dress is custom made H&M!



Yes, you read that right!! The uber-fashionable SJP chose H&M, a high-street fashion retailer, to create for her a dress for a very special red carpet appearance to accompany her extravagant "Chinese Empress" head-piece, also custom made by the magic hands of Philip Treacy, who also happened to be her date for the ball!


But let's get to the real deal. I had a huge trouble deciding which were my top5 or even my top10... Therefore, I also created some collages to include those that were so lovely that I just couldn't leave out.

Poppy Delevingne in Marchesa
I have nothing more to say than that I can see myself in this photo: the dress, the updo, the makeup, even the clutch and the fact that she is wearing almost no jewelry is 100% me!


And some more lovely scarlet red dresses...



Karolina Kurkova in Tommy Hilfiger / Allison Williams in Giambattista Valli / Amal Clooney in John Galliano x Maison Margiela

Reese Witherspoon in Jason Wu / Hannah Davis in J.Mendel / Hailee Steinfeld in Michael Kors

Keri Russell in Altuzarra 
Like an exotic bird, Keri's choice is one of the best, with hair and makeup perfectly matched to her gown in a hi-lo balanced combo




Dianna Agron in Tory Burch
Beautiful, Classy, Elegant, Perfect!


And some more birds Chinese cranes and flowers and white gowns inspired by the Far East...

Bee Shaffer in Alexander McQueen / Olivia Munn in J.Mendel / Maggie Gyllenhaal in Roland Mouret / Zhang Ziyi in Carolina Herrera

Kate Hudson in Michael Kors
She is a Golden Goddess and Michael Kors is her personal assistant!! WOW!


And, some more golden looks - I am obsessed with Bieber's blazer!

Brie Larson, Courtney Eaton & Annabelle Wallis in Dolce & Gabbana / Jessica Chastain in Givenchy / Justin Bieber in Balmain

Kerry Washington in Prada
I loved the dress only from the back (see the front here) but I have to give her credit for combining that baby pink gown with emerald green shoes & purse!



Kristen Wiig in Prabal Gurung
Like a breeze of fresh air, smelling flowers and lemons! Loved the punk hair & black nails


A little disappointed by: Jessica Alba, Gigi HadidRachel WeiszOlivia Wilde, Miranda Kerr, Jennifer Connelly, Solange Knowles and Diane Kruger, basically because they looked either boring or tasteless or they 'didn't get the memo' about last night's theme, China: Through the Looking Glass.

Which one (or two or five) were your favorite?

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos via Zimbio, PopSugar, WhoWhatWear, JustJared