The White Suit // Closet Basics


Pantsuit // ZARA (very old), similar blazer & pants
Shirt // ZARA (old), similar here
Clutch // ZARA (old), similar here
Heels // ZARA (old), similer here
Necklace // ZARA (old), similar here






It's been a long time since I posted a "closet basics" outfit and I think the time is perfect now. We are in early June, the beginning of Summer, and a white pantsuit is the perfect two-piece you can invest in. It is a classic, it is easy to wear and by changing your top, shoes and accessories you can wear it anywhere, anytime, infinitely, until it is shredded into pieces!

I have this pantsuit I am wearing here, in this photoshoot, since the Summer of 1999! Yes, it's more than 15 years old and still rocks. I wear it at least twice every Summer, and over the years I have gone to many formal or semi-formal events, like christenings, dinners, cocktails, birthdays, speeches, book presentations and the list of events I have attended wearing it can go on forever!

Of course, when I say "invest" I don't mean you have to buy something expensive, on the contrary. Although I cannot remember how much exactly I paid for mine, but it definitely had a reasonable price - in 1999 I was still a Uni student not making my own money yet.

So, here is what I do to keep it white and crispy like new for so long: As I said, I wear it every single Summer, at least two times; by the end of the season, early November, I ALWAYS take it to the dry cleaner's and then store it for the next Summer. And that's it! If you take care of your clothes they can last very long and this pantsuit is my surviving proof.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke