Spring 2019 Prêt-à-Porter // Monique Lhuillier


New York Fashion Week is almost over and all eyes will turn to London, Milan and Paris, for more Spring 2019 collections, so now I think it's time to start sharing with you my favorite so far. Monique Lhuillier has always been one of my favoured, mainly because of her fairytale and ladylike aesthetics. She also creates dreamy weddings gowns, you should check them out!



For the Spring collection, almost all looks could be mistaken for Couture instead of Ready-to-Wear, with bulks of tulle, long hems, embellishments and floor sweeping capes! But, you know me, I don't mind. On the contrary, I am ecstatic! See the entire collection here.

Another thing I noticed this season is that many fashion houses, at least from those that I have been watching for years, chose to do a lookbook photoshooting with one or two models in a studio or a rented venue (a french chateau in this case) instead of a fashion show. After doing a quick research, it came up that, according to StyleCaster's article from 2013 (that's 5 years ago) a fashion show during New York Fashion Week might cost from 30K $ - 460K $ or even higher... Even the lowest cost might seem unaffordable for a medium-sized fashion house and obviously I am not talking about Chanel or Dior. Especially, if you have to do shows for Womenswear, Menswear, Couture, Bridal etc. A one-day photoshooting with a model and a rented venue is much more affordable without bankruptcy hanging over the management's head.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos via Vogue