Julianne Moore Covers Porter Magazine // Winter 2018


I admire Julianne Moore for 2 reasons: her talent and her natural red hair. Many women are talented and many women have natural red hair, but Julianne has them both. In excess.

Loved her as Laura Brown in The Hours, loved her as Alice Howland in Still Alice. She can be sweet and emotional but also smart and heartbroken. She can be anything and she makes you believe it too. And I ADORE her red hair and her pale skin and her freckles and her wrinkles. I also agree with her views about life.



About aging
Oh my God. I’ve been talking about aging since I was 30,” she says laughing. “Can we just be alive! We’re all aging – children are aging. That’s what life is, and we have to accept that there’s a beginning, a middle and an end. It’s important to remember that there’s a time frame, so we can be awake for it.

About #metoo 
When #MeToo started happening, a man said to me, ‘I’m really worried that people aren’t going to hire women anymore because of this.’ I went berserk. I said, ‘You know what? We’ll hire each other!’

About a successful marriage/career/family
It’s about showing up. “It’s about engagement, in your life, in your relationship, in culture and in the world,” [...] “It’s not about staying young. It’s about being alive. Because we have a limited time on earth, let’s try to stay engaged in our lives until we die. That’s it. That’s all we’ve got.”

Read her entire interview here.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos and quotes via Fashion Gone Rogue & Net-a-Porter