Pink October


Dress // CHICWISH
Shoes // New Look (old)
Bag // ZARA (old)
Hair band // H&M (old)






October is the Breast Cancer Awareness month and its official color is pink, but I am pretty sure many of you already know that. So, I picked an outfit based on pink in order to share with you some thoughts about breast cancer, self caring and prevention.

Many women in my life, some of them very close to me, have suffered from this terrible disease, some survived, almost untouched, some others scarred and some others didn't make it... One thing I have learned from their battles is that prevention is the key to survival. It's not just rumors or another urban legend, it actually works!

I have already had my first mammogram when I was 36 due to the many IVF treatments I had gone through by that age and every year I get ultra-sounds when visiting my gynecologist for my PAP-test. I also do self checks very often. Please, take care of your bodies and stay healthy. Enjoy life and be happy with your loved ones.

*I apologize for this sad and somewhat aggressive post, but I really had to do it. Take care!

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke