Lemon Toping


Skirt // CHICWISH
Top // H&M
Shoes // NA-KD
Clutch // SheIn




Happy May, Happy Me! Warm weather is finally here and I couldn't be more excited. It seemed to me that this Winter took too long, but now Spring is finally here and I am ready to rock my brights and pastels. In this post I want to share with you the importance of keeping an open mind and never stop searching for what's best for you. This applies to everything in your life, today let's simply keep it to colors and shades.


Pink has been one of my favorite colors ever since I remember myself. Pink of (almost) all shades and patterns, pastel or bright, I could easily say that I consider it a neutral, like white, black, grey and... leopard. Joking about that last one, but not really...

On the other hand, I don't recall appreciating yellow as much as I should. And here is why I think I didn't, until very recently: Colors have many different shades, some may look good on me, but some other may not. The yellow I wore for the first time, was not in the right shade for my skin/hair/eye color, so, instead of trying out more shades, I instantly declared yellow a "not for me" color. Huge mistake. But such mistakes can be fixed. Lemon and honey yellow look lovely on my skin, whereas banana or corn yellow don't. I suppose same goes for all colors, even for my favorite pink. For example, although I wear a lot of pink, the shades of peach and coral are not very flattering for me, which is obviously why I never pick them.

All that said, I also tried another "not for me" color, khaki green, in different shades and finally found the one that looks "good on me"! I couldn't believe it really, because I had convinced myself that I had rejected it for good. Moss and pickle green are not for me, however sage and fern are perfect.

That red Monica Bellucci is wearing (click here) might not suit you, but another shade of red could make you look as stunning. A certain shade of blue might make you look too pale or ill, yet another could be matching with your skin like a dream. My advice is to keep searching. You might be surprised of how many colors look good on you, all you have to do is to find the right shade.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke