Daily Look // July.02

Patras, Greece. A very important city for me, with a huge impact in my life. Here I got my first University degree in Pre-school education, here is where I met the love of my life, my Duke, here I almost died of severe pneumonia. So much knowledge gained. So many lessons learned.

University and my 1st degree 
To cut the long story short, I never worked in Pre-school education, since I realized early on, while doing my practice/internship to get qualification for my degree, that it wasn't suitable for me: 1. I had very little patience with toddlers, which stressed me out and caused me headache for the rest of the day, and 2. Although it is a very creative field, my own creativity could not be expressed within it. Therefore, I decided never to pursue a related job and deprive it from someone that loved it or needed it more than I did. Thankfully, my mother supported me on this and helped me move on to the next chapter.

The Duke. My Duke.
I met him the very first day and fell in love the moment I laid my eyes on him. Somehow, I knew that he was THE one. We started dating a couple of months later with quite a few on-and-off moments/months, until my fourth and final year, when we decided that we loved each other so deeply that we wanted to be together no matter what. After 23 years being in love and 13 being as well married and living under the same roof, I still feel the same anticipation every time I am going to meet/see him and I hope this will last forever.

About an ending that didn't happen. 
It is true, and there is no drama here, I almost died when I turned 19. Malnutrition, not sleeping enough, working out too much and smoking, resulted to a microbe generated pneumonia that kept me 2 weeks in the hospital. The first 5 days were very crucial since I could not breathe normally, I kept fainting while standing or walking, since I had no oxygen in my system, and the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong and what was the best treatment. Eventually, the fifth day, the medicine started working and my body began to function again. It took me 6 months to fully recover. This experience shook me to my core and made me revisit my daily routine in the matter of what I ate, how much I slept and to quit smoking.

As I said in the beginning of my post, so much knowledge gained, so many lessons learned. 

|barefoot duchess|

Photo by The Duke