Odette


Skirt // CHICWISH
Top // Zara
Shoes // ASOS (old)
Bag // Zara
Scarf // Zara (old)
Earrings // SheIn







Although today I was going to talk to you about "being nice VS being happy" one of my readers (thank you Irene) gave me the idea to talk to you about "being yourself, no matter what others might say or think". This has been a great issue for me all my life, since I was a child. Almost everyone, I mean so many people I knew, my teachers, my friends, my colleagues, my bosses even my parents were trying to put barriers and get me inside a "box". A box that they would feel comfortable if I was inside.

I perfectly understand that living in a structured society even with liberal standards and norms, you need to follow some rules. And I am not saying that you shouldn't. However, within this liberal, democratic context, you should at least be allowed to be yourself! This means, as far as I am concerned, to be able to wear, eat, read, listen and believe whatever you want, as long as you don't offend others.

Wearing tulle skirts and girly outfits, even at the age of 41, is giving me so much joy. I am feeling comfortable, I am feeling myself 100%. Most people think I am too bold or crazy or that I am just wearing them for the photoshoots. No! I will wear my tulle skirts any time of day, any day, anywhere. I don't care what others think of me, since I don't offend them in any way with what I am wearing. Of course, they are allowed to have their opinion, not liking my outfit or secretly laughing at me, but that doesn't mean I should care. I don't. I will never let others decide who I am supposed to be.

I choose to be me. Always. And you should too. If you want to wear a tulle skirt, just do it. Some will love it, some will laugh at you, but at the end of the day, they don't get to tell you what to do. You do you.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke