Winter Flowers

 


Skirt // CHICWISH
Top // CHICWISH
Shoes // H&M (old)
Earrings // Zara (old)
Bag // Zara (old)



Inspiration comes from many things, like your mood, the weather, the occasion, the people you are going to meet, the day of the week, the film you watched last night, a song, a flower, the list is infinite. Today, however, I want to share with you how I get inspired by my own clothes! This way I can create looks that make me feel comfortable and special. 

Color Groups: I have at least one dress, a skirt, a top, a shirt, a pair of shoes, but also accessories, like a scarf, a pair of earrings, a belt, a bag in all my favorite colors. I group them together inside my closet, side by side, so I can find them quickly. This way, it will be easier for me to either create one-color outfits (all pink, all white, all black etc.) or combos, with technics like color-blocking (wearing clothing items of primary colors, like yellow + green with a touch of blue) and monochromatic color schemes

Yesterday's Look: The outfit of the previous day might as well work as an inspiration. If, for example I wore a black dress with yellow flowers and green leaves on a Monday, I will pick a yellow top paired with a beige skirt for Tuesday, a beige dress with white shoes for Wednesday, a white shirt with a green skirt for Thursday and so forth. 

My Shoes: From time to time, the "hero" piece of my look might be the pair of shoes I choose to wear. If I want to put on my white sneakers, I will pair it with something white, even with my white tulle skirt! With my leopard print heels, I will pick a camel skirt with a black top or blouse. A pair of black ballet flats looks divine paired with a pink tea-length skirt. Trust me, the combinations are endless!

My Blog: Sometimes, I will navigate my own blog for extra inspiration. If, for example, today, on the 4th of December, I had a lunch meeting or a date-night with my husband, I would check what I wore in December last year, two or even five years ago. My personal style is very consistent, doesn't change much and I still have most of my clothes! Thar way I keep my old clothes in rotation with the new ones. Don't worry, you don't need a blog to do that! Simply take a snapshot of your daily look in a mirror and keep it on your smartphone for future reference. 

I hope that my tips will help you to better organize your clothes, find inspiration stress-free and save you some valuable time. 

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke