Snowflake

 

Beret // H&M (old)
Cardigan // Stradivarius
Skirt // ZARA (old)
Shoes // ZARA (old)
Bag // TOPSHOP (old)



As I have told you many times before, I was mainly raised by my grandmother. She was living in Athens, in the same neighborhood that I am living now, Ampelokipi, but in 1984 she moved to the suburbs, in Chalandri, until her final days. We used to spend Easter and Christmas holidays with her and all of our summers; from 1981 to 2000, she was renting an apartment by the the beach in Nea Makri, so that we could swim every day and play with other children. All that meant, of course, that, for many years of my life as a kid and a teenager, I would spend at least 4 months every year many miles away from my hometown, Pyrgos. 

In Pyrgos, I was the "girl from Athens" and in Athens I was the "girl from Pyrgos"... and those who said it assumed that their words would hurt me! Fact is that I was, and still am, very proud and grateful of the opportunity I had to live both in the Capital city and in a town in the countryside. This type of life opened my mind, expanded my experiences, broadened my horizons and helped me build my character. 

Don't let anyone steal your thunder! It's yours and you earned it. The more experiences you are offered the better; take advantage of them to the last bit. You will forever be grateful. And tell that to your children!

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke