Emmy Awards 2022 // Elle Fanning

 


Elle Fanning in a custom-made dress designed especially for her for the Emmys by the very talented costume designer of the TV show "The Great"Sharon Long

Elle and Sharon were both nominated for this year's Emmys; Elle for Actress in a Comedy Series and Sharon for Outstanding Period Costumes at the Creative Arts Emmys, which she won!

According to Elle herself, 
[...]I have always been inspired by the Hollywood glamour of the 50’s, particularly Grace Kelly and her longtime collaboration with costume designer Edith Head. Not just for her film roles but for on the red carpet. And that got me thinking…

I am currently in the middle of filming season 3 of ‘The Great’ with our mega costume designer, Sharon Long and her miraculous team of dressmakers. [...] I asked Sharon if she would design my dress for the Emmy red carpet and asked Catherine Shaw if she would make it. [...] Catherine, Sharon, and I had secret fittings after work days to create this gem.[...]

So when I got asked, “Elle, What are you wearing tonight!?”
I said, “Oh, this? This is Sharon Long couture😘”

Read the entire post here

In my opinion, this is an ode to Grace Kelly, Edith Head and 50's glamour all in one dress that fits perfectly with Elle's sweet personality and unique beauty. 

Great team, great result! Well done

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos via InStyle