Tulle Inspiration // Sarah Jessica Parker


All Hail the Queen of Tulle, her majesty, Sarah Jessica Parker!

As Carrie Bradshaw in "Sex and the City", she re-invented how adult women wear tutu skirts, not only as wedding gowns, but also during the day with a tank top or for a night at the ballet. Along with her magazine covers and her personal appearances outside the show she managed to banish the cliché "tulle skirts are ONLY for little girls" from our shopping vocabulary! And I thank her for that from the bottom of my heart...


"Romantic" is actually a style and it does exist I can guarantee you that! And derives from the movement of Romanticism, emphasizing on the individual's expression of emotion and imagination [...] and rebelling against established social rules and conventions. In my opinion, anyone can wear a tulle skirt, as long as they create an outfit relevant to their age, personal style and situation.

Don't hesitate to ask me how to dress the tulle skirt up or down, I can help you through it, I am here for you!

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|











Photo Sources:
Vogue, Style File - Sarah Jessica Parker
PopSugar, Sarah Jessica Parker's most stunning editorials
E!Online UK, Best MET Gala Looks Ever
Zimbio, Alexander McQueen Memorial
Misadventures with Andi
The Fashion Spot
Lovelyish