Outfits 2018 // Review


Since I started blogging, in the beginning of every new year I do a review of the past one. It's very easy doing it using my blog's but especially my Instagram's timeline and extremely therapeutic. When I feel not as energetic as I would like (I can be moody and "lifeless" during winter months), it sparkles so much joy due to all the things I have done and seen and because another year passed by.


That said, 2018 was the year I turned 40 and can't be more excited for all the things to come. Sadly, in March, my dear grandmother passed away, which wasn't something sudden, but still very heartbreaking for me and my family...

I hope that 2019 will have more happy than sad moments, more joy than sadness and more sunshine than rain. Because we cannot avoid life's drawbacks but we can create more happiness. Keep on reading, if you want to get some ideas of what might be missing from your plans for the new year

Closet Makeover
By the end of 2017 I had an idea of what I wanted my walk-in closet to look like and by the Summer of 2018 it was ready. I do a "purge" (= sell, donate, throw away) monthly because this is the best way to keep it clean and organized. I get so much joy just by looking at it!


Trip to Italy
What an amazing and fulfilling experience! We stayed 8 days, traveled by airplane, boat, train and car, visited 3 big and famous cities (Venice, Florence & Rome), 2 towns in Tuscany (San Gimignano and Siena), 4 museums (Galleria dell'Accademia, Uffizi Gallery, Palazzo Pitti & Vatican), 2 gardens (Boboli & Villa Borghese) and ate lots of pasta, pizza and gelato! If you haven't been to Italy yet, you have to plan it asap!


Summer of Museums 
Not a typical Summer for us. No Greek islands, no sunbathing, no swimming. Instead, we visited and re-visited some of the most important Museums and Sites of Greece (Acropolis, Ancient Olympia, National Ancient Museum). We also went to the Temple of Poseidon in Sounio, but the wind was so strong that day, so we couldn't climb up the hill!


Outfits
It is quite obvious when looking at my editorial outfits, that I slowly but steadily reduced the number of "blacks" and invested on more white and colorful ones. Black remains a favorite and important color in my closet, but is not the "king" anymore. Polka-dots, gingham and florals, of course, were my favorite prints and I grew my straw bag and hat collection! We also discovered a new location to take amazing photos, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center in Kallithea.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke and me ❤