Oscars 2019 // Red Carpet Favorites

Lady Gaga in Brandon Maxwell

I have to admit that this red carpet was one of my least favorite, ever. It seemed to me kind of dull and sometimes repetitive, lacking creativity and enthusiasm. Gaga's performance black gown, however, not the one she wore on the red carpet, was my No 1! Designed by Brandon Maxwell, this handmade masterpiece was the perfect choice for her, especially for picking up her golden statue.


The rest of my picks are listed below with Regina King, Sarah Paulson and Charlize Theron raising the bar, while Amy Adams and Glenn Close staying inside their comfort zone but keeping it glamorous. Last but not least, I believe that Olivia Coleman should have worn her After-Oscars ivory Stella McCartney dress at the ceremony instead of that green Prada.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos c/o Vanity Fair & PopSugar


Olivia Coleman in Stella McCartney
 
Regina King in Oscar de la Renta

Amy Adams in Atelier Versace

Ashley Graham in Zac Posen

Charlize Theron in Dior Couture

Sarah Paulson in Brandon Maxwell

Glenn Close in Carolina Herrera