No Pride, No Prejudice


Dress // CHICWISH
Shoes // Soludos (old)
Bag // Zara
Earrings // H&M (old)
Fan // Jumbo






Today's outfit was inspired by Jane Austen's heroines from "Pride and Prejudice" movie adaptation in 2005, starring Keira Knightley and Rosamund Pike. That dress gives me so many early 1800s vibes with those puffy sleeves and the attached belt tying at the back. However, I must admit that although I can relate to the fashion trends of that time, there is no way I can relate with the book's (and movie's) title. Pride and Prejudice are two things, two feelings, that I have been fighting against my entire life.


Pride: a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.
Prejudice: preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience

Within my own system of values, they are both meaningless and unnecessary. Sure it is normal and healthy to feel happy by your own achievements and possessions, but proud? No. On the other hand, there is nothing good about prejudice. We might not be the same (appearance, age, sex etc), but we are all equal. Preconceived opinions are meant to discriminate, alienate and harm people. Your freedom ends, where mine begins.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke