Walk-In Closet 🍂 Fall Update // Home Decor

Storage Tip: Inside the cute boxes I keep my woolen scarves and gloves, my berets and small purses

It's been quite long since I last showed you an update from my walking closet (you can check out the previous post here) and many of you ask me to give you tips for organizing and categorizing clothes, shoes and accessories. Well, the time has come and today is THAT day I am sharing with you photos and details about how I keep my sanity while having so many things.


First of all, to keep an organized and clean closet you need to have 3 "things":
A plan, sufficient amount of time and lots of patience... 
(From my experience, those three can apply to almost everything, from writing an essay to keeping a daily beauty routine, so, keep them in mind, they can always be handy.) After you draw out the plan and figure out the amount of time you need to get it done, all you need is the patience to follow through all the steps. You don't need to make it perfect, besides I don't believe that anything can ever be perfect.

I have two closets, one is open and used as a display of all things pretty (check the first photo) and the other is closed, much bigger and used as storage of all the rest (you can see it in full display below). I also have a tall bookcase for showing off my favorite shoes, purses and fashion books and a shorter one that I keep my jewelry, scarves and perfumes.

Over the years, I realized that my organizing process works better with boxes #ihaveathingwithboxes  It's easier for me to remember where my things are; they are also very cute and easy to move around, if you change your mind about the decor (that's me!).

Let me know in the comments, if you have any tips that you would like to share or if you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

All photos are mine
For more photos and tips keep scrolling down

Storage Tip: Inside the three piled up round boxes I keep my tights and my hair accessories



Top: Summer shoes and bulky winter shoes (mainly boots) | Bottom: Long Skirts and Dresses

Top: My wedding gown, decorative pillowcases, curtains, petticoats, purses, summer scarves, toiletry bags, mini beauty products | Bottom: Skirts, blouses, tops, pants, pajamas, gymwear, jumpers

Top: Woolen clothes, summer clothes, carton boxes, summer straw bags & hats, spare decorative pillows | Bottom: Cardigans, Blazers, Trench coats, Coats and Puffer jackets

Storage Tip: Inside the cute pink boxes I keep my belts and fancy gloves