Paris Couture Week Spring 2020 // Christian Dior


An ode to Greek Goddesses by the talented designer of the House of Dior, Maria Grazia Chiuri. I am pretty sure I saw Athena and Hera and Artemis, even Aphrodite walking down the Dior runway, but also Naiades and Nymphes of the forest. The feeling of "I want to see more of this" came over me the moment I saw the first pleated dress and once they kept on coming I was left in a state of astonishment.


I am stunned by the coherence and modernity at the same time of this collection! The pleated fabrics either transparent and delicate or rigid and textured, the hair accessories, bracelets, earrings and necklaces that combined modern and ancient trends in great harmony, the golden flat sandals inspired by the Greco-Roman sculptures, all floated in front of my eyes like I was in a dream. A very beautiful dream that I didn't want it to end.

See the entire collection here.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos via Vogue