Milk White

 

Dress // ZARA
Sandals // ZARA
Bag // ZARA (old)
Earrings // ZARA (old)



Couple of years ago, around this time of year (early Summer), I was invited by a local firm that designs swimming suits to visit their atelier, try their new collection and choose one piece that I liked the most to take it with me, as a gift. Coming out of the dressing room, their PR consultant was there and she literally said to me:

"I guess you will get some tan, before wearing that to the beach, right?"
...
I replied to her rude question in the same rude tone, insulting her just like she insulted me, which she obviously did not like at all. After that, I never got an invitation from them again. 

Body shaming is not only about someone's weight or height but also the color of their skin. No, my dear rude lady, I will not get a tan, a. because my skin is so fair that rarely looks tanned and b. I am not planning to expose myself under the sun for hours just to wear your bikini!

Put your arms and thighs and bellies out there and enjoy your beautiful bodies now that the weather is getting warmer. Wear whatever you want and stop caring about the opinions of others. 

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke