Sarah Jessica Parker covers Vogue // December 2021

 
In Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda


In case you missed it, which I doubt, Sarah Jessica Parker is reprising her role as Carrie Bradshaw in a new "Sex & The City" sequel series! 

Here is what we know about the upcoming HBO Max series, so far:

> It will be airing in December 2021 
> "And Just Like That" is the title 
> There will be 10 episodes
> Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte are returning, Samantha is not
> Stylist Patricia Field will not be returning either, instead her protégée Molly Rogers and co-costume designer on the Sex and the City movies Danny Santiago have taken over
> Carrie's apartment is also back
> Carrie is now a podcaster

I read her entire interview to Vogue's Naomi Fry and here is what I highlighted: 

About Kim Cattrall: “We have some new people, and we have some people who aren’t back anymore.”

About having a million obligations, personal and professional, and still getting it all done and in time: “I don’t have any tips and tricks, except that I’m incredibly fortunate that I have childcare and a partner, because so many mothers who work two and three jobs do not.”

About Carrie's apartment: “One of the questions that’s going to come up in And Just Like That… will be, What is it about a place like this that you need to hold on to for all these years? Why can’t you just let it go?”

Valentino Haute Couture hat. Tiffany & Co. earring.

About age shaming: “There’s so much misogynist chatter in response to us that would never. Happen. About. A. Man. Especially on social media. Everyone has something to say. ‘She has too many wrinkles, she doesn’t have enough wrinkles.’ It almost feels as if people don’t want us to be perfectly okay with where we are, as if they almost enjoy us being pained by who we are today, whether we choose to age naturally and not look perfect, or whether you do something if that makes you feel better. I know what I look like. I have no choice. What am I going to do about it? Stop aging? Disappear?”

About loosing two of her closest friends and working partners Willie Garson (Carrie’s BFF Stanford Blatch) and George Malkemus (her partner in the SJP shoe line) both from cancer within one week: “All I can say right now is that it’s as if a scoop has been taken out of me this week, and I don’t expect it to be filled. In time, my body will grow accustomed to this new architecture, but now I feel truly blue. It’s such a loss, and I think about how I’ll miss the joy of these relationships. I think about Willie and the show and how much we laughed. And I guess despite everything, that’s the headline: There’s so much good in the world, and we were all so lucky to be together, doing something we loved.”

Read the entire interview here

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by Dan Jackson c/o Vogue

In Fendi Couture