The World Is Your Oyster

 

Top // ZARA (old)
Skirt // ASOS (very old)
Earrings // Accessorize (very old)
Shoes // H&M (old)
Purse // SheIn (old)



And YOU are the pearl

I am very compliant with my health check-ups, I visit at least 7 medical doctors every year with different specialization (endocrinologist, gynecologist, ophthalmologist, dentist, dermatologist, pathologist, orthopedic), I follow their instructions and therapies word by word, which is not only very important for my well-being but also feels extremely satisfying. 

Up until now, this consistency, this almost military discipline checking my health status has done only good. This way, everything, including my auto-immune Hashimoto disease, is under control. It is usually either "see you again next year" or " we got this early" or "it seems minor, but we will be checking on it" or "well done, you did it, you have healed!"

The satisfaction and joy that I feel every time I hear these words coming out of my doctors' mouth is beyond what words can describe! I would really rather prefer I was a goddess, but I am human, which means that I am getting older therefore more "systems" need extra care or to be checked out. 

I would never forgive myself if something happened to me just because I ignored it or was afraid that they found something (unfortunately, this is an excuse I have heard too many times even from young people). On the contrary, if there is something to be found, I want to know it early on so that I can fight it and smash it! 

Why am I telling you all this? No other reason, but to remind you to book your health check-ups. Don't postpone, don't hesitate, don't be afraid! 

Thankfully, we live in a country where we have the facilities, public and private, the system, not the best but better than in most other countries, and, of course, some of the best doctors in the world. So, take care of yourself and be the pearl you deserve to be!

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke