The Black Swan


Skirt // CHICWISH
Top // ZARA TRF
Shoes // ZARA (old)
Purse // Missguided (very old)






Ballet has been a huge part of my life. Not only because I love watching others perform, but also because I went to ballet classes until the age of 27! I wouldn't have stopped, but back then I was working long hours more than 10 on a daily basis and I felt too tired to be focused and vigorous as a ballet dancing class demands. Now, at the age of 40, I want so badly to start dancing again, but I feel my body rigid and unwilling to cooperate. However, nothing stops me from creating ballet inspired outfits!

Couple of days ago I re-re-re-rewatched Black Swan, a 2010 movie by Darren Aronofsky, starring Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. When I was younger I believed that good and evil are two separate things. But while growing up, I realized that good and evil co-exist in the same body, inside the same soul and it is our choice which one prevails. The white swan is not "nice" and the black swan is not "bad". It is their choice what costume they want to wear. I am going to ruin this for you, if you haven't watched the movie yet, but at the end the two swans change places by choice. I want to consider myself as a "white swan", but I know that I am both. I choose to be both. To keep my sanity and at the end of the day, just to be me. It's not black OR white. It is both. And in between.

Hopefully, all these somehow explain my obsession walking around covered in tulle.

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke